My Blog List

Friday, November 11, 2011

Better than yesterday

So Jim ran with me and pushed me through W1D2 (again) of c25k. He set his watch so I wasn't always clock watching and pretty much tried to run when he ran and walk when he did. When we ran I was actually slightly ahead of him for the first 2.5 rotations (of 60 sec run/90 sec walk) and then when we walked I was DEAD. The last two rotations I pushed my body as hard as I could through the running but the last one I stopped about 5 seconds short. We argued whether or not I gave up or my body died...

I do have to say it was nice to run with someone who tried to push me along and kept me going a little bit past when I would have stopped on my own. My legs ache and I was having trouble catching my breath but I did it...one of the best times so far I think.

I think I might do a second week of the week 1 rotations until my body feels it is ready to move on. Right now it is telling me what a lazy out of shape dork I am.

Got my run in later than normal because it is day 1 of a 3 day weekend. Had to get up and go to the dentist this morning (ew) and then Lego Harry Potter 5-7 was released today so of course I have been a video game nerd and playing that most of the day. I almost had to be bribed to get my ass off the couch.

Anyhow now that run makes up for yesterday's debacle. I have learned 2 things: I seem to do better when I have someone (or the dog) with me for company as well as apparently there is certain breathing techniques to help....I felt out of breath and dizzy during my walks (still do somewhat now even though i am sitting on the couch)

Tomorrow is a day off from running but plan on going out Sunday afternoon again...until then...onward to Harry Potter!

Endomondo specs:
1.45 miles
21:21 min
4.06 mph avg
14:46 min/mile avg.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Remember to keep the pace conversational during your running segments. That means you could comfortably carry on a conversation while running. Keeping the pace easy will help minimize the chance for injury. Also keep in mind that rest days are just as important as the run days.

    ReplyDelete